A horse’s weakened immune system increases the risk of equine rhinopneumonitis. An environment with high infection pressure and low resistance can allow the equine herpes virus to easily get hold of your horse. Sport horses are at increased risk due to their contact with other horses during their frequent travels.
It is therefore wise to boost your horse’s immune system by strengthening its natural defences. Good management and vaccinations are also indispensable in preventing your horse from contracting the herpes virus.
The tips of Cavalor:
- Keep your horse’s natural defences strong
- Consult your veterinarian to set up an appropriate vaccination schedule
- Take a close look at your daily management and make sure you have good hygiene measures in place, such as:
- Stress avoidance for your horse
- Good ventilation in the barn
- Washing hands when in contact with different horses
- Preventing your horse from physical contact with unfamiliar horses
Support your horse’s natural resistance with Cavalor Resist + Vitamin C. It protects the body and keeps the immune system on high alert, thus ensuring healthy, strong natural defences. It is a powerful blend of antioxidants and herbs. It now also contains tea tree oil, eucalyptus oil, and lemongrass oil. These essential oils support the respiratory, circulatory, and lymphatic systems and reduce pressure on the immune system.
We recommend giving your horse Cavalor Resist + Vit C 10 days before and at least 1 week after long travel, such as to the tours in southern countries, as well as when you return home.
Click here to read the whole article on the website of Cavalor
Photo by Hippo Foto